Pages


Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Inspirational Quotes For The Much Needed Pick-Me-Up

I was housekeeping my computer and found a word document that I used to keep as my ‘database’ of inspirational quotes. Whenever I come across something meaningful and inspiring, I would type it into the document. Looking at the last saved date, the last entry was at least 3 years old!

I remember it was a happy hobby or ritual of mine. Reading, finding something meaningful, then keying into the database. And, every so often, whenever I am feeling a bit down and need some boost, I read through those quotes and it always provided an uplifting effect without fail.

Anyway, I am definitely reviving this ‘ritual’. For a start, here are the best 5 of my many favourite quotes:

1. "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." - Robert Frost

2. "Usually we figure out what we think would make us happy, and then try to make those things happen. But happiness isn't circumstance-dependent. There are people who have every reason in the world to be happy who aren't. There are people with genuine problems who are. The key to happiness is the decision to be happy." - Marianne Williamson

3. "One of the tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon - instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today." - Dale Carnegie

4. "Persistence is what makes the impossible possible, the possible likely and the likely definite." - Robert Half

5. "If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcomed." - Anne Bradstreet

No comments:

Post a Comment